Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baby Bliss

The past two weeks have been baby bliss for me! Especially the first week.  It is starting to slip away already and I'm sad. I have just been cuddling and holding him for the most part. He doesn't get set down a whole lot! I have to enjoy holding him on my chest and kissing those neck rolls...things that just don't come naturally with other people's babies. We decided to name him Thatcher Marlin. The lady from the hospital finally got ahold of me at 8 days old and that's what I gave her. Jerron had been real stressed about the name the first week but I hadn't let it worry me. I just wanted to enjoy my baby with no stress and that's what I did. I honestly was in baby bliss the first week. The kids were in Kanab with Mary, and then my mom was here to help, and I just sat and revelled in my baby. I was so happy and content with life. He made me so happy and I reconsidered my stance that this was the last baby for me. He was just too fun!! The second week brought the stress of the name tho and needing to do more than just sitting with my babe. I feel really pretty good physically, just a few things bothering me. He slept really good a few times, even 7 hours! He's now at about 4 hours at night. Which isn't bad. 

Tenley loves her brother and always wants to check on him and look at him and occasionally asks to hold him. She does a good job at it. Sometimes she helps too much tho of course. She always asks me "what can I do for you mom?" Which I think is so sweet. I don't know where she got it. She is then willing to bring me a foot stool or pillow or drink. I love it. But she isn't so willing to do other things like pick up her room, or stay off the barstools and out of the fruit snacks. She's had to sit in time out a lot and she's had quite a few tears. She wants me to do everything for her (not dad) doesn't want to leave my side for the most part-unless it's to play with Kenley or Mya, which I hate because she's obsessed with them. 

Tavin seems to be adjusting ok but it seems there has been more tears from him and he's been throwing some angry fits. He was obsessed with Thatcher's belly button. Always asking about it and when the cord would fall off. He would literally go crazy when he saw it. Groaning, covering his eyes and running away. It was funny how crazy it drove him. He loves the baby tho and likes to hold him. He's had a lizard and horny toad he likes to put on him. 

Trajen has seemed the least affected. He has changed his tune on no more babies. He would like me to have another girl for Tenley which is sweet. He was also adamant that we name him a T name. He really wanted Taylor. Then got on board with Gramps Glazier for Tracker. But then he really liked Thatcher. He thinks the baby is pretty cool and likes to hold him. He's been so busy with baseball we don't see him a whole lot. 

Jerron got really sick with vertigo and dizziness after we got home from the hospital. It was crazy because he really couldn't help very much. Bad timing! But we finally got him some meds for an ear infection and he seems to be doing better. He was really strong on being done having kids, but he has even wavered on that since Thatcher was born. We did say on the way home from the hospital that it felt good to be done and have our family here. 

I take a lot of pictures of and selfies with the baby. I love to take a nap with him. I really just want to soak him up. It's too bad he's so heavy because I like to carry him all the time but I don't know how much longer I can do that. My back is already starting to hurt!

We've had a lot of people bring in meals which has been so nice. But that's starting to die off and real life is starting! We've had visits from Brandon and Jes, Tason, Dane, grandparents, Hollie, Trina, Aunt Kristi, Juli Westwood and other ward members. Things are getting stressful for Jerron with work and he will have to leave for the summer soon, after Tasons wedding, hopefully all will go well for me after he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment